What To Expect At The Testing CenterCandidates can register for the CCNA exam (640-801 exam or 640-821 INTRO or 640-811 ICND
) at Pearson VUE or Prometric testing centers.
In order to do their best, candidates should know what to expect at the testing center for the Cisco CCNA certification exam. Since testing center guidelines may vary from one center to another, we recommend that the candidates call the local testing center to check about the guidelines. Here are some points providing information on what you can expect at the exam center:
- Re-certification: If you have taken a Cisco CCNA certification exam before, find out your Cisco ID and specify it before you start with your registration. This will ensure that you get proper credit for the exam and will help avoid any duplicate records.
- Reach before time: We strongly suggest reaching the test center before time. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the appointment.
- Sign the logbook: You may be asked to sign-in the logbook upon arrival as well as upon departure. Do check on this.
- You must carry your identification: You will be required to show a valid identification (ID), perhaps including a recent, recognizable photograph. If the supervisor questions your ID, you may be required to show another ID. You should check the testing center guidelines on identification and take all supplemental identification documents with you.
Generally Accepted Identification:
The following MAY not be accepted as valid ID:
- Photobearing driver's license with signature
- National/Military identification card
- Credit Cards (Please check with test center)
- Private identification cards
- Any expired ID
- Read the testing center regulation form carefully: You will be provided with a Testing Center Regulation form by the supervisor. Read the regulations carefully and comply with them during the test.
- Sign the confidentiality statement: The supervisor is responsible for asking you to sign the confidentially statement at the test center indicating that you will not reveal exam questions to other students after the test.
- Supervisor sets up your test computer: The supervisor will ensure that the Cisco certification test displays on screen before handing over the machine to you.
- Ask for sheets for scratch work: Scratch papers will be provided to you at the testing center. These are sometimes only available on request. Ask for some blank scratch sheets to do calculations and rough work. Jot down important points and tables (such as powers of 2, binary representation tables etc) before exam starts. This can be a big time saver. Do not take the scratch paper out of the testing room on completion of exam.
- Items not allowed in the testing room: The candidate is not allowed to bring in the testing room personal items such as:
- Books, revision sheets or notes: The exam is closed book
- Cellular phones & alarms
- Food or drinks may not be allowed
- Your session may be audio and video taped: Do not attempt to talk or communicate in any form to anybody in the testing room. Your session may be taped and can lead to immediate disqualification .
- On exam completion: You will be explained by the supervisor what to do when you complete the exam. If not, or if you are unclear about what you should do, ask it yourself before beginning the exam.
- Do not take with you the the testing material from the testing room: Return all of your testing materials, including the scrap paper, on the completion of your exam to the supervisor.
- Certified copy of the exam result: Your supervisor will give you a certified copy of the exam report on completion of the test. This will list your score indicating strengths and weaknesses in the various test areas. Ask the supervisor for the certified copy, if you do not get it.
SemSim.com provides training resources for Cisco certification exams: CCIE, CCNP, CCNA,
CCDP, CCDA. It offers FREE learning resources to students such as study guides and router simulation labs at it's online learning center located at: http://www.semsim.com/ccna/learn.html
http://www.SemSim.com : Making Cisco certification easy!
This article may be reproduced provided the byline and resource box remain in
order to give proper credit to the Web site.
© Cisco, CCNA are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Copyright © 2003-2009 www.SemSim.com. All Rights Reserved.